Speech & language therapy team
Consultant Speech & Language Therapist and Director of Therapeutic Services
I graduated from Edinburgh University in 1992 with a degree in Linguistics. I then completed an Msc in Language Pathology from Newcastle University. I qualified as a Speech and Language Therapist in 1996.
I have worked with children and adults with learning disabilities and complex needs throughout my career. I began working in Sunderland in 1996. At that time there was no speech and language therapy service for adults with learning disabilities. By the time I left Sunderland in 2009 I was head of an established service that worked with people with learning disabilities and their families and carers across the city. The service had a high profile and was an integral part of the wider health and social care multi-disciplinary team in the Sunderland Learning Disabilities Partnership.
In 2009 I moved to South Yorkshire and joined Hesley Group as Consultant Lead Speech and Language Therapist. I developed an in-house Speech and Language Therapy team that worked closely with the operational teams in each of the services.
I took up the role of operations manager for adults in 2012. This was a great opportunity to promote the integration of care clinical and educational teams across the adult services. I then moved into my current role in 2015 as Lead for the Therapeutic Services Team.
Meet another member of the SALT Team:
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Community Solutions & the Specialist Colleges
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist across the Hesley Group
- Speech and Language Therapist at Low Laithes
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Speech and Language Therapist at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village & Community Solutions