Speech & language therapy teamJade Newell
Therapy Assistant at Wilsic Hall School
I have been working with the Hesley group since September 2016. Before starting at Hesley I did a 5-week mental health placement in Sri Lanka, where I gained hands on experience working in psychiatric facilities with service users at varying stages of recovery, teaching English in the community, and working with individuals with additional needs. This experience drove my ambition to work within this field. I also volunteered with the Alzheimer’s society for 2 years, providing companionship for individuals in their own home on a weekly basis. I have studied Psychology as an undergraduate degree at the University of Nottingham, where I acquired knowledge around disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder and developed a particular interest to learn more and work with individuals with complex needs.
Outside of work I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, especially my identical twin sister. I am undecided about my future aspirations at the moment, however I am looking forward to developing my skills within the field of supporting and providing therapies for individuals with complex needs.
Meet another member of the SALT Team...
- Consultant Speech & Language Therapist and Director of Therapeutic Services
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Community Solutions & the Specialist Colleges
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist across the Hesley Group
- Speech and Language Therapist at Low Laithes
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Speech and Language Therapist at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village & Community Solutions