Speech & language therapyKaty Earley
Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village
I started working for Hesley Group in March 2015 as a Support Worker, working with adults with autism and complex needs. I thoroughly enjoyed this role and felt that it enabled me to develop a greater understanding of the individuals that we support. I have always had an active interest in mental health, and the opportunity to transition into Clinical Services arose when a Therapy Assistant position became available in June 2017. I worked at Fullerton House School (children’s services) for seven months before transitioning back to adult services in February 2017.
As a Therapy Assistant, I support clinicians (primarily Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists) to facilitate interventions such as Makaton signing sessions, PECS sessions, sensory activities and Lego Therapy. I provide the individuals that we support with visual resources, presented in a person-centred manner that is accessible to them. I also regularly pick up overtime shifts to directly support the people that live at Hesley Village.
This role has given me a good insight into different clinical roles and has enabled me to learn more about Behaviour Therapy, an area that I am becoming increasingly interested in. I am currently studying to achieve my Level 5 Diploma in Positive Behaviour Support, in addition to working towards achieving my BSc (Hons) Psychology degree. Due to this, I feel that the knowledge I am gaining through study has been invaluable to my working practice.
Meet another member of the SALT Team...
- Consultant Speech & Language Therapist and Director of Therapeutic Services
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Community Solutions & the Specialist Colleges
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist across the Hesley Group
- Speech and Language Therapist at Low Laithes
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Therapy Assistant at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village & Community Solutions