Speech & language therapy teamTilly Rocca
Speech and Language Therapist at Hesley Village
I became a Speech and Language Therapist after doing some voluntary work for the Stroke Association when I was a teenager. This sparked my interest in working with people with communication difficulties.
I started working at Hesley in October 2015, pretty much fresh out of university. I graduated with a degree in Speech and Language Therapy from Leeds Beckett University. Whilst at Leeds I completed some very varied placements ranging from working in a neurological rehabilitation unit to working with young offenders. I did my final placement in a residential care home for people with learning disabilities and mental health issues and it was here that I decided I wanted to continue working with people with complex needs.
In my spare time, I enjoy cooking for friends and travelling to new places. Japan is next on my list! I have also recently started volunteering with a charity organisation working with refugees in Leeds, supporting them to learn better conversational English through general chit-chat and games.
In the future I want to further my career working with people with learning disabilities and autism spectrum disorder. I am also currently undergoing a qualification in dysphagia (eating, drinking and swallowing problems) and want to continue gaining experience in this field.
Meet another member of the SALT Team...
- Consultant Speech & Language Therapist and Director of Therapeutic Services
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Wilsic Hall School
- Senior Speech and Language Therapist at Community Solutions & the Specialist Colleges
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist across the Hesley Group
- Speech and Language Therapist at Low Laithes
- Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist at Fullerton House School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village
- Therapy Assistant at Wilsic Hall School
- Therapy Assistant at Hesley Village & Community Solutions