Quality assurance, governance and policy
Hesley Group has designated managers that develops policy and best practice initiatives and assess how well we are doing in meeting our objectives and complying with national standards. This includes the management of health and safety and keeping people safe. The organisation consults with people using the service and their families/ representatives.
The Quality Governance Board reports regularly to the Board and Executive on service standards and any improvements needed.
There is a large range of supportive documents available relating to all aspects of the provision at Wilsic Hall School. Summaries of key policies are available below or via the Policies page
. Should you require a printed hard copy of any of the following policies, please feel free to contact the school:
• Safeguarding Children and Young People
• Individual Risk Assessments and Management Planning
• Effective Behaviour Support
• Care and Health Support
• Health and Safety Policies and Guidance
• Preventing and Tackling Bullying
• School Curriculum
• Activities and Visits
• Single Equality Scheme including Disability Equality Duty
• Use of Physical Interventions
• Exclusion of Students
• Sex and Relationship Education
• Compliments and Complaints
A total of five formal complaints were received during the last school year, four of which were satisfactorily resolved, one is still outstanding at the time of writing.
Hesley Group has a formal procedure for complaints in accordance with the Education Act (2002). Copies of this and our complaints form are available from the school.