Staff and support
Our recruitment process is thorough and before joining us people’s employment histories are thoroughly checked, references taken up and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks carried out. Hesley Group prides itself on its training and support to staff. A number of team members have achieved long-term service awards for 10 and 20 years, which reflects the commitment of these highly dedicated staff to those they support and our commitment to reward and celebrate their significant and highly valued achievements.
Every new member of staff benefits from a comprehensive induction programme. Continuous staff development enables new and established staff to expand their skills and knowledge.
People are supported by a range of staff including:
• Support staff (days and nights), team leaders, deputy care managers, care managers; and a registered manager who work together to ensure people receive the care and support they need at all times of day and night;
• The head of education, class teachers, support assistants, and key workers who ensure that teaching and learning is effective;
• The hotel services manager and school administrator each lead teams of core and administrative staff who contribute to the smooth running of the school.
A full list of educational posts (including qualifications) and our complete staffing structure is available here.
Wilsic Hall School works with a range of specialists employed by Hesley Group. These specialists work directly with the people living at Wilsic and with staff to tailor support for each individual and include:
• Consultant Clinical Psychologist
• Assistant Psychologist
• Consultant Psychiatrist
• Speech and Language Therapist
• Behaviour Therapist
• Occupational Therapist
As providers of care to people with disabilities we have a duty to ensure that our safeguarding processes are robust, comprehensive and transparent. This includes ensuring people are listened to and concerns acted upon, that our staff teams are trained and competent in supporting people and that our management and reporting systems meet the standards required by law. All safeguarding approaches are kept under review and up to date with current guidance.